cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Droid RAZR - Updates

DeniG
I'm a participant level 1

Will we see any of the updates Motorola has been release for the Motorola RAZR handset???
Verizon has been steadily release updates and none for us! 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey DeniG!

Please note that we do not have any information on if a software update will b made available or not and if there is one, we do not have any dates for the release.

You can receive software updates over the air (OTA) and new releases will be sent to your device as they become available. You can also launch a software update directly to your handset over our network if you want to ensure you have the most current release.

To launch your own software update:

- Press the Menu key from the Home Screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Check the version on your phone.

If an update is available, you will be able to download it from there.

I hope this answers your question! Smiley

AlexG

Many of us have battery life issues and other problems that may be addressed by the Motorola update, so let's get a timeline please.

Also, I purchased my phone from Rogers outright, and I'm using it with my Fido account.  Will I be able to update OTA, or will I need a file from you ?

Thanks

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey AlexG!

We unfortunately do not have any information on when a new update would be made available, if it will be made available. Therefore, I would not be able to give you an approximate date or delay.

As for the updating process, I am very unsure about how you would proceed with an unlocked device, but I believe that you would also be able to proceed with the update OTA since it is something done via the manufacturer. If you are unable to proceed OTA, you would have to get it directly from Motorola's website and follow their instructions on how to install it. You would however have to get the Rogers version if I am correct.

@ Community: Can anyone confirm?