cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fido SIM works with Honor 9 lite?

anishmathew
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I bought a new SIM card with a medium plan yesterday. We tried all possible ways to make that work on my Phone which I bought in India. Data and texting works but unable to make or receive calls. Please check the link below for its specification. Can someone advise me on a possible solution?. Should I try another service provider for SIM cards?. Should I change the phone?

https://www.flipkart.com/honor-9-lite-sapphire-blue-64-gb/p/itmff5zgdeckztpk?pid=MOBFF5ZGSSVC4VGZ&li...

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anishmathew,

Welcome to the community!

Hmm, that's strange. How are you using data and texting? Is it using Wifi?..

According to the specifications provided from that site, these are its bands and frequencies:

• GSM: 900 / 1800, WCDMA: 900 / 2100, 4G LTE FDD - B1, B3, B5, LTE TDD - B40, B41

Judging by those specifications, that phone does not have any compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

If those specifications are correct, you shouldn't have been able to use the phone for data or messaging either.

Unfortunately, if those specifications are correct, that phone will not work in North America as they tend to use different bands/frequencies than other parts of the World, including India (see here). If this is the case, you would have to get a different phone with Canadian bands and frequencies.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers