cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

leesw0212
I'm a contributor level 1

I bought V30 last month. After 10 days, I dropped the phone on the floor and the bottom parts of the phone got cracked. It has a line at the bottom and has a line as well. Since I have device protection plan, I requested them to repair my screen but they denied my request since it is only cosmetic damage. However, it is not waterproof anymore due to the cracked part and no one mentioned about it. Everyone told me it is free to fix the screen for the first time. So I am just wondering that whether protection plan will fix my phone screen or not

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Leesw0212,

Welcome to the community!

Fido recently switched their device protection provider from Asurion to Brightstar (February 1st, 2018). I do not remember the full details of protection from Asurion, but I don't recall a free screen repair was included with them.

With Brightstar, they do include the first screen repair providing no other damage is present. Are the bottom parts a part of the screen?

When did the damage occur? According to Brightstar, if your incident occurred prior to February 1, 2018, your Service Request will be covered by the previous program conditions (even if the Service Request is submitted after February 1).

For more information regarding the device protection, you can visit here and here. If your case is eligible for the free screen repair, you might have to initiate a Service request (see Brightstar link) prior to taking it in to a store.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

leesw0212

My protection is from Brightstar. It happened last week. The only damage is the screen and it has a line on the screen.