cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change service provider and paying out balance of device

LexusBC
I'm a participant level 3

My plan has 3 months left with a device balance of $106 that at the time was considered a free phone which does not show up on my bill that I have to pay for.  I understand the new plans charge for the plan and the device.on the bill.  With Black Friday deals there are a lot of deals out there now that will charge me a less for rate plan and a much small device cost adding up to less what I pay for now and also providing even more data.  Question, if I terminate early next week, what am I on the hook for?  Just the cost remaining on the device? or are there additional costs to leave?

2 REPLIES 2

LexusBC

Thanks FidoValerie...for confirming I only have to pay the balance of the phone.  Currently checking and have found some Black Friday deals that would be equivilent to what I have now that I will contact Fido to see what you can do for me

FidoValerie

Hey @LexusBC Smiley

I'm sorry to see that you're looking into possibly changing providers, but I do understand you're looking for the best deal possible.

If you were to cancel your Fido account, you'd only be billed for the remaining device balance and the service for up until the day of the cancellation.

That said, I would encourage you to contact us to discuss your options, so we can make sure we go over everything before you make your final decision. We'd hate to see you leave!