Certified pre-owned device battery life

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Certified pre-owned device battery life

Hello,

I have read this page (https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/certified-pre-owned) which describes some of the inspection points of certified pre-owned devices, however I did not see any mention of the battery of the device being inspected.

I was curious as to whether certified pre-owned devices come with a new battery? If not, what condition would the battery be in?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Certified pre-owned device battery life

Hello @Iamusic4.

Keep in mind that certified pre-owned phones are devices that were returned within the satisfaction warranty.

We ensure that those devices meet A Grade Standards. This means the phone in great condition with no easily visible scratches, blemishes or other physical marks. The battery is also tested first for charge and performance.

So to answer your question, it's not a brand new battery, it's the original battery that comes with the device.

If there's anything with the phone, you still have a warranty on the device even if it's a certified pre-owned phone.

I hope this answers your question 👍

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Certified pre-owned device battery life

Hello @Iamusic4.

Keep in mind that certified pre-owned phones are devices that were returned within the satisfaction warranty.

We ensure that those devices meet A Grade Standards. This means the phone in great condition with no easily visible scratches, blemishes or other physical marks. The battery is also tested first for charge and performance.

So to answer your question, it's not a brand new battery, it's the original battery that comes with the device.

If there's anything with the phone, you still have a warranty on the device even if it's a certified pre-owned phone.

I hope this answers your question 👍

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2