cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celll phone calls are dropping - Mississaua, ON

Zygmunt
I'm a participant level 2

For at least last 10 days our cell calls are dropping. It happens several time during the day, sometimes even every minute.

We have 5 cell phones in our family (iPhones and Androids) and it happens to all of us.

What is interesting is the fact that calls are dropping only in Mississauga near Mavis and Dundas intersection.

I tried to resovle the issue with Fido technical support but they keep resting my phone. It is not related to any specific phone but rather the area we use our phones.

3 REPLIES 3

Zygmunt

I called support again today and was adviced to reset network on all our cell phones. I did it for two of them and still calls are dropping. I was also adviced to turn on WiFi calling that supposed to help. Yes, it may help when I am at home but not when I am outside. Fido network has only 1-2 bars. I mentioned that to the previous tech that it could be related to our area but I was told that all was good. 

I tried to report the issue as you suggested, but couldn't find the "Report an Issue". On web site I am being redirected to communities. The live chat says "We’re getting more chat requests than usual..."

We experienced a bigger Rogers outage a few weeks ago, for last two weeks our home internet at home was dropping (eventually Rogers found that part of our neighborhood was affected and fixed the issue last weekend), now cell phones are having issues. I am deeply disapointed with Rogers services.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thank you for the update,

We just confirmed on our end and it now redirects you, to report the network status or outage in your area, to our Fido assistant AskJack.

I've also updated my previous reply to highlight these changes.

Let us know how it goes!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Zygmunt

Sorry to hear that. We would suggest contacting our technical support team once again so they can create a ticket and investigate the network connection in that area.

Alternatively, you can use the Network Aid tool on the Fido mobile app to report an issue. To do so:

• Open My Account app & login.
  • Select Support from the bottom navigation bar.
  • Select NetworkAid. You will be redirected to our website for some troubleshooting assistance.
  • You can find an articlet related to your situaiton or simply click the AskJack chat button to report the issue.
  • Type in the chat keywords such as Network or Dropped calls. Then follow the prompts to answer a few more questions.
  • If there's a situation that we're aware of, you'll be notified. Otherwise, you'll be connected to the next agent so we can open a ticket to have it investigated.

Hope this helps Smiley