cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier not working

gerry_routledge
I'm a participant level 3

My phone has not working since this AM. I tried to turn it off/on many times. Airplane mode on/off many times. Tried to reset provider network not working. Changed the sim to different phone, and it worked on the other phone but the current one. Please help

8 REPLIES 8

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @gerry_routledge!

Welcome to the community!

You've tried many of the things we usually suggest in cases like these!  At this point, I'd suggest resetting your phone to factory default settings.  If it's a software glitch, it'll fix it!  Don't forget to do a backup first though!

Let us know how it goes!

BushmanCanuck

System was down for many this morning. Seems to be working now. 

gerry_routledge

Also, when I removed the SIM card out of the phone, it did not show no SIM card message. While the other phone i used to replace the SIM card it worked, it showed the no SIM card message when I removed the card. 

Hey @gerry_routledge

We haven't heard back from you since we sent you a PM, were you able to get everything sorted out?

I just wanted to add in here that if everything is functioning as it should when you put your SIM card in another device, then the cause is more than likely your phone. 

If your device is still covered under the manufacturer's one-year warranty, it would be a good idea to bring your device into a Fido store to have it sent out for repair. 

If your device is no longer under warranty, it may be time for an upgrade. You can check out your upgrade options through your My Account profile.

Hope this helps!

gerry_routledge

Hi! No everything seems to be working fine again. All I had to do was erase the phone completely and re-do an install from the iCloud and that seemed to re-register the carrier back with Fido. So we are good there! Thanks for your help Smiley

That's amazing! Happy to hear it!

Thanks for taking the time to update us. Smiley

Thanks for the update @gerry_routledge!

I'll send you a private message so we can take a look at this together!

gerry_routledge

Just reset the phone. Still not working. The carrier button not show up in setting!! It keeps displaying searching by the wifi symbol on the top left corner. It is gotta be the phone’s problem.