Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send text messages and messages are delaying

YC61
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have this issue for a long time.

I am so upset as I have received very important messages one day later.

It happened so times, so I tried to make a phone call instead.

Even phone signal is not stable.

I am thinking a lot these days whether I have to change the carrier to different company as it happened too often.

My friends who had same issues already left Fido.

Is there any idea why this is happening a lot?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Yc61,

Welcome to the community!

Since you're having issues with both messages and calls, it sounds like it could be an issue with your phone's reception. What phone are you using? Did you purchase the phone from Fido? If not, have you verified that it has the necessary compatible bands/frequencies? You can do so here.

Are you able to determine to which network your phone is connected when you're having these issues? If you have access to LTE, have you tried to disable LTE?

Are you having the same issues everywhere? Is it possible that your location is not adequately covered by the Fido/Rogers network? I understand the coverage map may indicate your area is covered, however, that map is not necessarily accurate. I tend to prefer trying to acertain my location relative to the towers. You can view the location of your surrounding towers here

Even if there are Fido/Rogers cellular towers in your area, the nature of mobile phones is that they are dependent on cellular signals reaching the phones. Many factors can affect those signals from reaching the phones-- including proximity to cellular towers and interference caused by obstructions between the cellular and the device (see here). 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @YC61 & welcome to the Community!

What happens exactly when you send a text message or make a call? Do you get an error message? Does the call drop? Have you already tested another SIM in your phone to see if the issue persists?

The more information you give us, the better we'll be able to help you. Smiley