cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send and receive texts but not pictures

zanse
I'm a participant level 2

This is a problem that started a few days ago, looking for some support.. I can send and receive text messages instantly and talk fine but I cannot send or receive any multimedia. Every time it says "Failed Network Error. Try again Later", it has been several days now so I could use some help.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJenny
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello zanse,

Can you tell me what type of handset you are using and if you're able to connect to the Internet?

Have you tried turning off your phone and turning it back on?

Let me know.

zanse

Hi Jenny, sorry for the delay and I hope you're still around to help. It is a phone I have been using temporarily but like I said, sending and receiving multimedia has worked perfectly before, until now.

I believe the handset is an older 3500 classic, and no I have never used it to connect to go online. Also yes I have turned it on and off a number of times.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello zanse,

Here is some troubleshooting that I can suggest (MMS being picture messages):

1. Make sure you are trying to send picture message to a valid Canadian (or U.S. Sprint) phone number (10-digit dialing pattern) or e-mail address.

2. Verify if the service which blocks all incoming and outgoing MMS has been added in the your account by contacting customer care.

• If it is the case, ask the representative to remove it.

3. Verify if there are any internet blocks that may prevent you from sending MMS by contacting customer care.          

• If it is the case, ask the representative to remove it and turn your phone off and back on.

4. Verify if the service which allows you to send and receive MMS has been added in the your account by contacting customer care.

• If you are missing the MMS service, request that the representative adds it and turn your phone off and back on.
  • If you already have the MMS service, request that the representative removes it, saves and adds it back and turn your phone off and back on.

5. Ask the erpresentative to make sure that you have all the proper access point names (APNs) in your account.

6. Make sure the you are able to connect to the internet from your phone via the WAP portal.

• If you are getting an error message or if the page doesn’t load, the reason why the MMS service is not working is because the internet is not working. If so, let me know and I will assist you further.

Let us know how it goes! Smiley