cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cut my SIM card to fit in my new phone?

TylerKranendonk
I'm a participant level 2

Hi I've recently bought an unlocked iPhone 4s, right now I have a blackberry curve with the standard SIM card. My question is will I be able to use the SIM in the iPhone if I cut it to the right size? (micro) Or will I have to order the micro from the site, I would rather save the time if it will work, thanks.

***Edited title***

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

TylerKranendonk

So I've cut my sim card to fit the 4s tray size, and it works fine in my blackberry no problems at all. I have confirmed that my phone is unlocked and is open to any carrier, but when I put the sim card in it doesnt do anything? Or it won't recognize it at all, any solutions/possible fixes? Thanks

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

Cutting the sim card to fit a smaller size is not the best solution as it might still move inside and it might not make the proper contact with the phone. I know it is better to buy another sim card as to get both the necessary size and the upgraded technology.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Spy2300
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hello TylerKranendonk,

Good news! You are able to cut your sim card from the regular size down to the MICRO size and your phone should work no problem. What you may wish to do first is go to a Fido store and have them test your phone to make sure that it is unlocked before you go and get your sim card cut. As well you will want to make sure that you have a fairly new sim card as if it is one of the first generation sim's then you may not get the fastest speeds for internet when you browse.