cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry to iPhone...

jakem82
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I'm currently on a 3year blackberry plan ending in june 2013. I was wondering if I could switch to a iphone plan without paying any early cancelation fees?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Generally speaking you can change plans whenever you want with Fido with no fees. The only exception I can remember is some older plans (preRogers or with SAF, etc) there was an admin fee to change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would keep yout blackberry plan as is and do not call to cancell anything. its not worth it.  The good news is your blackberry data services are fully compatible with non-blackberry devices such as iphone. You can easily pop your sim card into an iphone and do not have to pay a DECF Data Early Cancellation Fee.   You can use your existing data plan on a iphone without a hitch.  You probaly dont want to upgrade just yet though, cus your still locked into your term so you may not be eligible to upgrade devices just yet id hold off and wait.

sportzrus
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So, does this mean i have to get an iphone from Fido or can i buy one anywhere and use my bb sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can either buy it from fido or buy one else where just be sure if your buying it from somewhere else that its either unlocked or locked to fido. hope this helps