cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry issues

BrownSugar
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have recently been having issues with my bb and I'm not too sure what to do.

First, I noticed that my trackpad stopped working, but with a little shake of the phone it would work again. I figure that's not a good thing. It still gives problems and the shake doesn't necessarily always help.

Second, last night I turned off my phone, when I tried turning it on this morning it would not turn on. I popped out the battery and popped it back in, this time I would get a red light. I tried it a couple more times before plugging the charger in. Now it's charging, and apparently my battery was dead, which doesn't make sense since it was fully charged before I turned it off last night.

And this last issue has more to do with the software, I tried to download the bb desktop software when I first got my phone back in April, but I don't have the right OS. I was wondering if anyone knew where or if I could download an older version possibly. I have a Mac and am still running Tiger.

Any help with any of these situations would be very much appreciated.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello BrownSugar,

I am sorry if no one answered your post until now.

For the first issue, the only solution would be to exchange the phone itself as this would be a manufacturer defect. You may do so by calling our technical support team at 1-888-481-FIDO(3436).

For the second issue, this could be either software related or battery related. If you have access to another Blackberry battery for your model, I would suggest putting it into your phone and see if this happens again. If it does or if you do not have access to another battery, I would suggest doing a restore of the handset.

Whenever you restore your Blackberry device, we highly recommend that you perform a sync prior to restoring in order to back up any changes since your last sync. Maintaining an up-to-date backup file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your device is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.

If you need the steps on how to proceed with a restore, I would simply need your device's model as if it is a Pearl, the steps are not the same than with the Curve.

Finally, for the question about the Blackberry Desktop software, I would invite you to contact Blackberry for assistance, unless someone from the community can assist you.

@ Community:

Can anyone help BrownSugar with his last issue?

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Unfortunately, there is no compatible desktop manager for mac under Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). There are alternatives for syncing your data such as PocketMac, but no actual DM.