cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry failing to setup enterprise email...

jmayer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a 9300 Blackberry. I have setup my hotmail emails and this is working properly. I am trying to add my work email and contacts/calendar via my company's enterprise server and it keeps on failing all the time!

Under the email setup menu, I select the Enterprise activation, put my work email address and the password they gave me and i keep on getting the following error: 'The Blackberry Enterprise Server has not responded to your activation request. An error may have occured'. Now my company is based in the UK so I don't know if this makes any difference. The password is only valid for 48 hours. I have tried to set this up while I was roaming in the UK and Ireland the last 2 weeks and now here back in Ottawa and I just keep on getting the same error!

I've called the Fido support desk and they said that I have to call Blackberry for support for dual provision but when I call Blackberry they ask for a ticket number or a carrier number else I can't talk to them!!

Can someone from Fido help me with that request to setup both my work emails and my private emails on that Fido BB???  This is very frustrating!!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey jmayer,

Paolo is correct, we only offer BIS (BlackBerry internet services) and not BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server).

BlackBerry offers a workaround that is 100% supported by them. It is BES Express. Check it out here.

Hopefully this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
as far as i know, fido only offers BIS. not BES. but there is a way to get it to work, i think its different, I think the way they are doing it for you is if you had a BES plan. So look into that. I will also look into it and post an update