cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10 devices, are they coming?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if Fido will be picking up the BB10 devices in the new year? My contract is open for renewal in August and I am really hoping that I will be able to renew and grab a smoking hot new Blackberry 10 in either touch or with keyboard. Either one will be great.

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

brandon_123
I'm a participant level 2

I have been waiting 5 years for a product from Rim that is worth buying. BB10 is this product. Please make this available. i guarantee you this will revolutionize the smartphone industry. Rim is back!!!!

EliAwesomeFares
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
I can't wait till BB10 comes out. I really hope Fido picks them up right away.

brandon_123
IF they were smart they would. This product is seriously going to kick butt!

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Well, advertising will be handled with Rogers/Fido and with RIM. Generally, Fido doesn't really advertise the iPhone as much. The iPhone has generally created it's own kind of advertising with the has people wanting it whether they really need it or not (I really need to upgrade from an old iPhone 3G).

As for RIM, I won't be surprised with mass advertising slots on TV and elsewhere. BB 10 is RIM's last hope for a chance of staying in the phone market.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

LucidEvening
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

That is something for RIM to discuss with Rogers & Fido. Since there has not been any announcement to the public, myself or even most Fido employees (probably expect execs) would not have definite knowledge of what specific models of the BB 10 phones that will be coming out next year. Your going to have to wait until the next year to start asking this kind of question.

However, I won't be surprised if a BB 10 device will be available from Fido in the next year.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

brandon_123

That's what i want to hear!!! only 1.5 months left until the release of this amazing product. this will kick Samsung and Iphone!!!! it's a fantastic product! a hell of a lot more apps. tons of features. super solid security. the  QNX OS is smooth like butta and stable as ever!

narci

I have a feeling the BB10 won't come out for FIDO for awhile since Rogers is the premium brand, they would only sell this to Rogers customer first for a period of time.

One question I have is if Fido can support a BB10 device if used on Fido (service books)?

Roger's has them for reservation, and if Fido takes reservations, I will be first on the list or buy it outright.  Smiley

I expect that Fido will carry a Canadian made/developed handset and hopefully promote it as much as they push the iphones. The BlackBerry product is excellent and the new OS will be an interesting change from the BlackBerries of yore. I will be upgrading my handset as soon as they are available. Looking forward to more information as the new year gets closer and RIM makes their announcements and pre-orders know. cheers