cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As of yesterday, no longer connecting to 4G and today I realized I can't send text messages

zskaik
I'm a contributor level 1

So I have a Samsung galaxy S7 and I can't connect to 4G anymore and I can't send any texts. I have been getting reminders continuously to update to Android 7.0 but I am already on 7.0, not sure if this is related. I am currently connecting to HSDPA and UMTS only. Fido agents attempted to reset the network on my device multiple times with no success. I have an official Fido software build installed. Not sure what to do at this point.

***Edited to add labels***

24 REPLIES 24

Awesome! I'm happy to hear this was resolved @ubereverything! Very_Happy

Hey @ubereverything ,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Did you talk to our tech support? Still not able to use LTE?

ubereverything

As of yesterday I also can't connect to 4G/LTE.  All I get is 3G/HSPA. I got the texts from them warning people to upgrade to version 7 because of a compability issue with calling 911 and that we would be capped at 3G if we didn't.

I have a Samsung S7 which I upgraded to Android 7 manually (the latest Fido firmware on sammobile) because I had rooted it while on Marshmellow and lost OTA updates.

I just finished a chat session with Fido Support and was told that because they didn't push out the update, their system still thinks I'm on a lower Android version and that's why I'm not getting 4G.

The rep told me I have to put it back to the version I was at before I rooted and do the OTA updates in order to get 4G back.  Unfortunately having tripped knox I'm not sure that's possible.

I asked what is happening to people using their own unlocked devices which don't receive updates from Fido but never got a response.

zskaik

ubereverything, thanks for sharing this. I also just yesterday actually installed the latest released which I believe is from August 8, 2017 and got the software update from http://updato.com/ instead of sammobile.

I also belive my KNOX is tripped unforunately, and thus I can only install updates manually through Odin.

Based on what you said the rep told you regarding their system not recognizing you have 7.0 since you had installed the update yourself, It seems that if we cannot get OTA updates after reverting back to 6.0( since our KNOX is tripped)  then we're essentially screwed and have to get a new device which is pretty frustrating. 

Anyway please do let me know if you get an answer to this.