cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 8

ant1
I'm a contributor level 1

I updated my pixel via the beta sign up process. I got the final release however it is not this one-8.0.0 (OPR6.170623.011, Aug 2017, Bell, Telus, Telstra, TMO, Sprint, USCC, Rogers/Fido)

but the general release-8.0.0 (OPR6.170623.012, Aug 2017).

Should I sideload the specific one for Fido? I've not noticed any issues.

Thanks

*** Edited to add labels ***

7 REPLIES 7

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ant1,

No need to sideload you are good, you got it earlier because you are in the beta program.

There is no difference, I would stick with what you have.

ant1
If there's no difference why have two separate downloads? My concern isn't if it's a final release candidate, but that I got the general version and not the specific one meant for certain carriers.

@ant1 did you get a small 38mb update then a 900+mb update? 

ant1
I don't think so, from what I remember right after signing into the beta the large 900 ish update became available. I don't recall a small download. Again this was after the final was released, I did it on the weekend after it was released. And right after I unsubscribed from the beta.

The reason you got that is because you were in the beta program so you always get the lates builds and the .012 is the latest. 

Do you have WiFi calling on the current build that you are on?

ant1
I realize why I got it, that's why I joined the beta was just to get the final release and not wait for an OTA from Fido. The possible issue is having gotten the general release and not the one specifically for Fido.
No wi-fi calling.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ant1,

Good question! Anyone @Community that might be able to help?