Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading Android 2.1 to 2.2 auto rotate screen doesn't work

claudemarie
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Posting on behalf of my daughter.

Her Acer liquid's auto rotate will not work on the 2.2 which she upgraded a month ago. I just (finally) upgraded my Acer and so far so good, but hers won't work. It's irritating. 

Any one else run into this? Any possible solutions?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello claudemarie,

I would suggest doing a factory reset on the handset. You may do so using one of the following ways:

Option 1: Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Factory data reset”. Then click on “Reset phone” to perform the restoration to factory default settings. To confirm, click on “Erase everything”.

Option 2: Turn off your phone, press and hold the Power key until you feel your smartphone vibrate and/or you see the Acer logo screen. Press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons. Use the volume up button to select “Clean boot: Yes”. Press the camera button to confirm.

If theissue persists, I would suggest calling technical support to see if anything else can be done. You may reach them at 611 from your Fido, but I would suggest calling from a different phone at 1-888-481-3436, options 3 - 3 - 2. You also may go in store for them to check the phone and if necessary, send it in for repair via the Repair and Loaner service.

Let us know how it goes! Smiley