Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fees

neha3
I'm a participant level 2

HI,

I ported my number 3 months back online on fido.ca and was told the activation fees will be waived in 1-2 billing cycle. It has been 3 months since i activate my line and have not received back the credit for activation fees. 

5 REPLIES 5

neha3

I did it over the phone and rep told me that you will be charged in intial bill and will be refunded in next billing. When, i checked next month over the chat, after confirming the account, they told me it will be refunded in your 2nd or 3rd billing cycle. till now, it has not been reflecting in my bill and 3rd bill has been generated.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @neha3

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look.

Talk to you soon!

Sahil3630
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido 

hope you are doing well

i am an international student and i just got my phone plan with ikea they charge me activation fees of 60 i want it back as i am a student and have no money .

Hello @Sahil3630,

Welcome to the community!

You should note this community forum is not a method of customer service for Fido it is meant primarily for customers to help each other, since your issue is account-related it would be best to contact customer service directly through any of the available methods listed here.

With that being said the only way to avoid the activation fee if if you do it yourself online through fido.ca, often times retailers have promotions where the actavation fee will be waived if that is the case what normally happens is you will be charged the fee upfront but will receive a credit on your second or third invoice.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @neha3

Did you order your new service online?  If you did, the transaction fee should not have been charged at all.