cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate new SIM card

Court2
I'm a participant level 2

I am trying to activate a new SIM card, and have spent over an hour in the phone with a Fido rep with no resolution.

My phone was stolen and I have just received a replacement phone from brightstar/Fido device protection with a new SIM card 

The instructions indicate to contact Fido for the old SIM card number (as it is required to activate new SIM).  Finally ended the call as the agent said she/Fido does not have the old SIM number.  Numerous forums I have read, also indicate to contact Fido 

I have run out of options as obviously I am not going to be able to get the old SIM as the phone was stolen.

Also, after paying a $200 'processing fee' to brightstar for a refurbished phone, there is a note in the box that to avoid a locked device fee (amount unknown at this time) I must erase device on iCloud.  Unable to erase the device as requires an apple authentication code sent to my phone (which I am guessing is locked) 

as it stands at the moment, I can't activate a SIM for the phone and may have to pay a fee to have the device unlocked 

any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Court2

I called fido back this morning and spoke with Shelley.  She was awesome and activated new SIM.  Many thanks to Shelley!

Dawnfreedom
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

what number did you call or what department was she in?  

Hey @Dawnfreedom,

Welcome to the community! 

If you need any assistance with your account or a sim card activation, please get in touch with our customer care team here