cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer Liquid E call quality

yuethere
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi just wondering if anyone else is having problems with call quality?

My reception is fine (ie I hear my caller nice and clear) but everybody complains about my transmission (lots of static/cut out).

Anyone else with this problem?

11 REPLIES 11

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello yuethere,

I suggest you upgrade your sim card to a newer sim card. that should rectify the issue.

I hope this helps,

Roboscan
I'm a participant level 1

I've been having the same problem as yuethere, I just got back from a fido kiosk, I got a new sim card for 10$. I tested it out and my friends still hear static, so much that they just hang up.

Hello Roboscan,

Have you tried to put your SIM in another handset to see if the issue persists? Also, have you tried someone else's SIM in your phone to see if you still experience the issue?

I would also suggest going in store to try the SIM in another Acer Liquid E to see if the issue persists.

You phone may be defective. Bringing it in to a Fido store would be the best solution in your situation as if the phone is indeed defective, they will be able to send it in right away for repair and lend you another phone in the meantime.

Let us know!

dave99
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

How does the SIM card affect call quality?

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi dave99,

If you own an old Fido sim card chances are it may not be a 3G sim card.

If that is the case you will experience some known symptoms such as :

- Drop call

- Echoing

- Static

- Cut in and out

You absolutely need a 3G sim card with a 3G phone.

A fix is to replace the sim card wih a more up to date sim card by visiting a Fido store.

I hope this helps,

dave99
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

@FidoJohn wrote:

Hi dave99,

If you own an old Fido sim card chances are it may not be a 3G sim card.

If that is the case you will experience some known symptoms such as :

- Drop call

- Echoing

- Static

- Cut in and out

You absolutely need a 3G sim card with a 3G phone.

A fix is to replace the sim card wih a more up to date sim card by visiting a Fido store.

I hope this helps,

How can I tell if I have a 3G card?  I assume mine isn't because I have had it since about 2006,  but it seems to be working fine in my 3G phone.

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello dave99,

If your sim card starts with 893023701XXX...

That means you will need to upgrade your sim card if you are experiencing issue with your 3G phone.

That series of simcard do not support 3G very well. You are likely to get alot of issue.

rec1403

Hey, what if my SIM card starts like this?  893023702XXX should i change it as well? The only problem I've being experiencing is that sometimes the call cuts, like in 1 min of conversation or so... it has happened to me like 10 times within the last month... is it normal?? Thanks

Hello rec1403,

Your SIM card would be a 3G SIM card but not the most recent model.

You may want to changee it for troubleshooting purposes with your issue, but I would first sugegstthat you try your current SIM card in another Fido phone to see if the issue persists.

If it does, the issue may indeed be with the SIM card but if it doesn't, it would mean that the issue is with your handset and that it would be defective.

Let us know how it goes.

oblaP
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

has anybody got anything good to report about this phone?

has Fido thought of withdrawing it?

dave99
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2
@obiaP I've been using it for a few months now and I don't have any major complaints besides battery life. The camera isn't great but I didn't expect much and didn't buy it for the camera anyway. For the price it's an excellent phone. Most Android phones with similar specs cost significantly more.