cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About adding device to existing account.

jay2308
I'm a participant level 2

I opened a fido account yesterday on that time i haven't decided to buy a device but today I want to add a device to my account and they are saying you have to wait for 30 days.

**Edited to add labels**

6 REPLIES 6

jay2308
Yes but i just placed order. I did not receive the sim carcd yet. Still like they are saying u need to wait.

@KAPABLE-K

If it's a brand new activation, it's rare a customer will activate a BYOP plan and then decide to get the phone on agreement. One of the reasons, we put this rule in place is to prevent any fraud related activity on the account. Hope this clear things up. Smiley

OK thanks for the info.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP
If you have a BYOP plan and now you want to get a phone there is no waiting period I don't know why they told you that. Call customer service or message Fido on Facebook or Twitter for a faster response.

Hey @jay2308

Welcome to the community! After a BYOP activation there is a minimum wait period of 30 days from the original activation date. During that wait period you're able to upgrade on the No agreement pricing and must pay the the upgrade cost by credit card. 

Hope this helps Smiley

@FidoJessica why the 30days wait period to sign a contract?