cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show off your COVID project!

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Not sure what everyone else did during the lockdowns. Maybe a bathroom reno, or a backyard mini putt. Maybe you took up watercolours, or became a TikTokker. Baking was popular, so were virtual Zoom bands. I went back to doing things that just needed doin'

Drivers side bridle hitch.jpgLike changing the engine in the wife's '06 Pathfinder. Old one was suffered from too much oil consumption and too little oil pressure. It is the "winter beater" but since she is working from home since last March I figured to fix the problem. Spent all Summer and Fall trying to fix things. Not only did it not get better, it got worse. Then it died. 😠

So, lookup on Hollanders and find  a recyclers who had an engine posted. Don't want to mention where it came from, but the Nissan R51 has a distinctive Bodyline around Hamilton,ON. And delivery was free. Didn't even get a picture in advance just a guarantee, a pig in a poke so to speak but it turned out to be a blue ribbon hog. 😍

Took my time, didn't have any impact guns or fancy power tools to speed things up. No vehicle hoist, just a couple of jackstands to let me get underneath without it falling on me. Didn't break anything neither.

She's happy. I'm happy. It runs better than when we got it. What more can you ask for!

OK ok .. we can ask to be past COVID. "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle - it will disappear." 💩

🐩

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Awesome project @thePoodleFarmer, I'm happy it all worked out in the end!

Thanks for sharing! 

@Community, what have you all been up to during quarantine?