cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does my device balance go down each month?

cejl
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi!
I was wondering, how long after a bill payment does it take for my device balance to go down?

I want to get a new phone and will need to pay of my balance of the last one. I just paid my bill on the 26th of Nov, but the device balance hasn't gone down yet. Obviously I want to wait for it to go down $20 before paying it off.

Thanks!

Caitlin

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @cejl,

The subsidy does not necessary decreases when you pay your bill, the decrease happens on the date you actually started the contract. 

So if you started the contract on the 15th but your billing cycle is on the 25th you will have to wait until the 15th to see a decrease in the balance.  

To see the day for your's login to your account on fido.ca click on the number you want the information for. On the next page you should see MY DEVICE in that section you should see (Balance will be $0 on: date) whatever date is displayed there that will be the day your tab decreases. 

You can also see it on the My Account app, open it tap on phone and the PHONE UPGRADE : Date should be displayed there. That will be the day every month your tab will decrease.

micika
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

In my case balance will be 0 $ June15th . When I checked in march the balance was 54.14$.

Now  is 16th of april  and balance is still 54.14?

Shouldn't go down 15th of april for 18.05 $?

Hey @micika,

There can sometimes be a slight delay before it shows updated online.

Can you check again later today or tomorrow and let us know if the subsidy decreased?

Thanks!