cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive pictures in text messages

Teckie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have tried everything; it used to work and since I've changed providers it doesn't. Was on live chat this morning for 40 minutes and did not solve it. 

Please give me tips or setting functions to be able to download pictures.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Teckie wrote:

I have tried everything; it used to work and since I've changed providers it doesn't. Was on live chat this morning for 40 minutes and did not solve it. 

Please give me tips or setting functions to be able to download pictures.

Thanks.

Hello Teckie,

Welcome to the forums!

What phone (and version) are you using? Is it capable of LTE? Are you able to make/receive calls, send regular SMS?

Have you verified you're using the correct APN settings? You can verify the correct settings in the link @KAPABLE-K provided above. If you have a LTE-capable phone you should be using the single ltemobile.apn. If your phone is not capable of LTE then you you should be using fido-core-appl1.apn and fidomms.apn

Have you turned on data? Data is required for sending/receiving MMS. You do not need to have a data plan. However, if you do have a data plan, the data within a MMS does not count against any allotted data limits. It is counted as one of your allotted MMS.

Have you turned on roaming? Depending on where you purchased your phone, roaming may be required to be turned on. Don't worry, you won't be charged roaming fees in Canada.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

If your phone is not a Fido phone you will need to configure your phone to work on Fido. To do that you can get the info here.