cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two plus two equals five

gonefishin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Billing is a complete disaster. I closed my account the same day the billing cylce starts. 3 days later I get a bill (created the day before the cylce, so it obviously is for the whole month.  To avoid having to go through extra months paying and gettting it back, I live chat. Everyone agrees the most I should be billed is one day. A ticket is raised, and someone will call me to get this squared away. Of course I get no call, and when I check my account says a refund has been applied to my account. Nice I thought, they have given me the entire month. But... this is a -ve credit, resulting in a balance now twice what it was, along with a notice that I have a past due balance subject to interest. So I chat again. Explain what is going on,  No real answers other than while I was waiting for the call that never happened I apparently requested a refund cheque!!! It's all noted, give it a couple of days to work through the system. I give it two daysm, and the weekend, nothing is different.  Another chat, where I'm told there is no credit applied, even though there is evidence and notes on "my account" that says otherwise. Then I'm told that I missed a payment in July, which obviously is false otherwise my later bills would show a outsranding balance. The fact that my "credit" has the same ref number as my July payment is too much of a coincidence !! I provide the evidence and suggest they look at my bill and payment history. Can't do that due to some system error !  Transfers me to credit operations. Whoever I get is not that, only for payments. Transferred again, at least this person seems to understand, says the math doesn't make sense to them. Isn't sure why a cheque request was made, all this should be automatic  when an account closes. Raises another ticket. I'll get an email when its done, give it two days.  2days and the weekend, same thing.  This time I call, bypassing the fact that I no longer have a Fido number, so I have to fake being new. Explain it all again,  and then get autmatically transferred while on hold. Attempts to get sent back results in a dropped call. Call back, now I'm talking to the other coast. Explain for the umpteenth time. Tries to help, but now it comes down to that fact the account is closed so can't input any adjustments.

I lost count how many times I said or typed  if you can't fix it, escalate it to someone who can.  Given the only way to the OOP is via the regular char or support line, if these agents choose not to escalate it, it will never happen.

So to summarise, if I had done nothing I would have a Sep bill for a normal month, and a negative October bill of a month less a day, and presumably a cheque for that would have been sent. In order to try an prevent that I now have  a cheque for a month on its way,  a reveresed july payment, overdue and amounts cause by the the Fido system. I am supposed to pay a month to balance the cheque I never asked for, then next month I'll get the almost month credited and only have to pay for the one day!!!!!  This inspite of the fact I have at least 2 transcipts saying the agents have noted I don't owe anything!!!!

So all I have done is waste hours, and created a headache for myself.     

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Thanks, I now have access to your account. 

As much as we would love to help, there's nothing we can do for the existing balance, seeing how the cheque has already been dispatched. Truly sorry, 

I would also like to apologize for the number of times you've had to call us, the dropped calls, and all the transfers. That is not the experience we want for our customers. I'm very sorry you had to go through that. 

FidoStephane

Hi there @gonefishin 

That doesn't seem right at all 😕 

We're sending you a PM to investigate this. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Pissed_off_
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

-