cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

traveling with 2 phones on one account?

JoAnn
I'm a participant level 2

My husband and I are on the same account.  I know that when we go to US next week we will be charged $7 a day every day we use our phone.  Is that $7 for each phone or both. For example if my husband phones me will that be $7 or $14 .  We will be gone for 21 days . We were told at a Fido booth in the mall that it is to a maximum of 14 days .  So is this going to cost us $100  or $200.  It was so much easier and cost effective when we just bought a $40 travel package.  

4 REPLIES 4

thirstyturtle18
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

You will be charged $7 per phone number/sim card per day. So for 2 phones calling between each other in the USA, you will be charged $14 total per day.

Hey @JoAnn

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

As @thirstyturtle18 mentioned, if both numbers are using the service ( answering or making a call) then the $7 charge would apply to both. 

To clarify, the $7 charge is billed for a maximum of 15 days per billing cycle. Also, keep in mind that you are only billed if you use the service. If you won't be using it everyday, charges will only apply on the days that it'll be used. Just make sure data roaming is off and there's no data usage being done in the background. 

You can also find our more about Fido Roam here

JoAnn

I thought the $7.00 a day in US covered Voice and Data Roaming

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It covers all of it @JoAnn . Is there something you'd like me to clarify?