cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap attack

paulm1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello I realised that my service was not working so I called fido and they restablished my service.  In the meantime  they mentionned that there was a sim swap done on my account.  It was reversed, confirmed by security, but how do I get more info.  I have been checking my email and fount that the hacker took over my email account and was able to get my password changed using my phone number.  Meaning that the sim swap was successful in some way.  It was reversed the next day but I would like to have all the info pertaining to this.  How do I get that info? was it done in store or over the web?  It's alarming!!! Yes it was caught by security, but how long did it take to do so?  If it was in a store, how do we know that the employee will not do it again.  This is scary!!  How do I find out what else was done to my account?

So many questions, who can answer?

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @paulm1

I can understand how this would be a worrisome situation. However, I assure you we have teams in place to help prevent these kinds of fraudulent attempts. You can reach out to us through one of the options found on the Contact Us page so we can review the available details with you. 

We can also send you a PM from here if you'd prefer. Let us know!