Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signed a promotion contract plan but billed with other

wegf523
I'm a participant level 3

To who may concern,

I signed a Black Friday promotion plan through the phone call on Nov 26th 2020 as a New Customer. I got 3 lines in my account and was promissed the following details:

• No activation fee all lines
  • First phone line: $35/month with 4GB data, 1000mins internation phone per month for next 24 monthes
  • Second phone line: $30 / month with 6GB data, 1000mins internation phone per month for next 24 monthes
  • Tablet line: Free samsung tablet, no monthly payment and no service fee

I was asked to call back to activate my account after received sims card from the mail. I did call back to activate my account on Nov 30th right after recived sim cards.

When I check my first bill end of the Dec., I found the bill amount is more than $350. I contacted number of fido agents from customer service to care team and found out non of promotions was applied in my account, which means I was charged with No promotion plan. Non of agents can help me getting back the deal I signed for just because the first agent didn't make any promotion notes in my account.

I know all the phone calls I made to Fido were recorded, so I requested the first phone call records as a prove, but got refused with reason no access.

Please can someone from Fido help.

Thanks.

Peter

10 REPLIES 10

Diulasaint
I'm a contributor level 2

I just got my SUPRISE BILL today! with the same issue and unsolved from calling, I have to wait for a manager to call me back tomorrow, while searching Email address to reach head office, I got to the forumn and saw my pitty brother here!!!

I switched to Fido while Black Friday promotion

I got 2 phone line, with a free tablet line

promises:

1.main line: $45 with $10 credit no activation fee = $35/month

2.add on line: $45 with $10 credit and $5 credit promotion for add on line =$30/month

3.Tablet line: FREE, YOU PAY NOTHING! ( I confirmed 3 time with the gentleman at that time)

End up:

1line activaiotn fee credit applied ONLY, others all charged, BILLED $304.86

Called in:

1.waived another line activation fee $45

2.adjust $10 credit for the advance bill! their credit system is weired, the rep said they can only put one time credit for each bill!! So my

partial used bill doesn't get anything? If Fido only put credit for the advance bill, is that means I will lose 1month credit or partial days credit 

If I cancel my service by the 24month?( Because as the case they said, my 25th bill will have a credit to lower my 24th bill?) Else that means

I have to use an Extra month to get my 365 day full credit?

While I am typing this, I recieved a call form the manager, I will give update 

Diulasaint

New update,

I wasted 2Hrs speaking with the rep, and she doesn't have authority to help me, I got a manager to call me back 10 min right after,

wasted 45mins and she cant be able to change much as well.

Problems communicated:

Q: Since you charged in advance, why I don't get partial credit for the previous service I've used

A:We giving out credit after 30 days, to advoid people canceling service within 30days!!!

Q:So is that means if i cancel my service within 30days I don't get what you promised? unless I use another month? 

(**By the end of 24 month, you will always short of the days of credit you partially used?)

Also is that means by the 24 month, I have to wait for the 25th bill to get my full credit?

(**Is that another way to make customer to use extra month to get the full credit?)

Is that means for thoes device "finance program", you need to use 1 extra month?

what if a person bring his/her own phone with no contract? what do they get from your PROMISE!!!

A: I am so sorry, blah blah ( And only sorry, customer will need to pay for their sorry)

Q:The free tablet plan is a holiday promotion gift, even Rogers is do that promtion while on Black Friday,

why you are charging me now?

A:We don't know what Rogers promotions were, but it didn't noted the activation fee will be waived and 

the wireless plan is free

Q:I have confirmed 3 times with the rep before I get thie FREE GIFT! You can check the voice recording,

and the forumn have people facing the same issue, if one person saying this might be lying, but many!

A: I don't have authority to hear the record, we currently doesn't have the free promotion that could give out,

you could reach a higher authority that could be able to thelp you with.

So end up customer wasting time to buy Fido's sorry!!! What I am really upsetting is UNFULFILLED PROMISES

they are giving out, before you are their CLIENT, you get the best that suits you and make you happy, after you

are their CUSTOMER, "I AM SORRY"!

wegf523

Hi,

Thanks for your message. At lease I am feeling not alone. 

I guess we had same agent when open the account. So far, you seems luck than me. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone talked different agents from customer service to care team manager, but non of them can really help. The only thing care manager can do is to waive $26 long distance call charge while I supposed having 1000 mins free international call each month. And nothing else.

I have filed a complaint on CCTS, and hopefully they can fix the issue as third party. I am getting tired talk to Fido.

Good luck, brother. Hope you can get everything you deserve.

Hey @Diulasaint, @wegf523,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. We can definitely take a second look.

You can reach out to us through these channels or if you prefer, we can get it done right here via PM through the Community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed! 😃

wegf523

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, please have someone contact me regarding the issue.

Hopfully we can sort everything out soon.

Thanks.

Hey @wegf523

I'll send you a PM. Talk to you soon!

wegf523

Thanks.

Diulasaint

Giving out 1000 mins international call seems very awesome,

I guess that's an extra bonus free for you!

I don't have that, but anyways

File to CCTS help anything btw?

If so I might need to do it too to get a record in

I am wondering if there is anyway that could do a lawful complain

Life is difficult enough, as a customer we just way things as what they has been told!

sigh!!!

I hope your and mine would be solved quickly

All the best to you bro

wegf523

Thanks bro. having exact same feeling!

I am still trying hard to get issue fixed with Fido first. Not to sure if the complaint would work.

Best luck to you as well. Hope we can get everything sorted soon.

FidoKenny

Hello @wegf523

I'm sorry to learn that you have trouble with getting those promotion applied.

In order to go over this, it will be necessary to contact us so we can go over this with you.

You can find all the ways to reach us here.