Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received texts not displaying contact name

charalique
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

hi everyone!

i have a nokia c6 and since oct 6th the texts that i have been receiving don't show me the contact name but instead just their phone numbers.  this makes it difficult for me as i haven't memorized my whole contact list.  i have been with fido for a number of years and, from what i remember, this is the first time that i've encountered such a problem.  before oct 6th the contact name was displaying.

sending texts is no problem.

anyone know why this is happening?

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Lulufur
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm having the exact same issues 

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Sounds like the problem is with the phone, however I haven't encountered that problem with the C6 yet. Anyone have any ideas?

you are completely correct 

SammyJones777
I'm a participant level 2

exact same problem... switching on and off doesn't solve the problem... I even took out battery and card ... nothing.. still displaying just the phone numbers...even when they call and fido swears that the value pack is up and running.. at store lazy guy told me to call fido (it was a fido store BTW) and have the network reset.. I did.. but still have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
sammyjones777, try going into the phone menus and doing a reset of the phone, please note, it might erase your address book and txt messages not on the sim card so back up everything, also consult the owners manual to inquire how to reset it. also powering it off/on and taking out the battery is called power cycling it, it does not properly perform a full reset unless you physically go in the menus and perform this.

SammyJones777

Thank you... I'm a bit scared to reset because I have messages etc on the phone itself... and, BTW, phone miraculously started displaying the names again... I did nothing.  My husband says every now and then it happens to him as well and then goes off... for me it's something wrong in the network of FIDO... unless just the Nokia c6 do this...

Anonymous
Not applicable
if its intermitent, its most likely a handset/hardware glitch and resetting usually fixes these. otherwise you risk the problem returning and having the user falsly blame the carrier for the problem when it might very well be a handset issue.