cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rates for calling toll free phone

erkin
I'm a participant level 1

I have called a toll free number, and my "pay as you go" account was charged $4 and some change.

Why is that?

8 REPLIES 8

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
No difference. Airtime is airtime the rate is the same no matter.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi erkin,

Toll free numbers are billed the same way as a local call.

No long distance charges apply for calls to 1-800/1-888/1-866/1-877 numbers. This is true no matter where you are located in Canada at the time of the call. However, please note that airtime charges do apply. 

Hope this helps!

Yoshimi
I'm a participant level 2

If you call a toll free number during the weekend, are the airtime minutes charged towards the "anytime" minutes or the "evenings/we minutes? It sounds like a silly question, but I was charged "anytime" minutes in the past.

Hello Yoshimi!

Calling toll free numbers would go towards the rate applicable at the time of your call. If you are calling during the evenings and weekends, you will have unlimited airtime for the call. If you are calling during the daytime, then, your daytime minutes will be used.

I hope this clarifies Smiley

Seanw87

Hi i am pretty sure i understand this but however I have a silly question, what if they are calling me? 

Biene590
Hey, i have the same problem. I have a FIDO Sim Card with "By the minute - 30 cent" price plan. Is there a other better price plan for me?

FidoStephen

Hey Biene590,

Welcome to the community!

You can check out all of the prepaid rates and plans here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

toll free numbers still consume "AIRTIME" but they do not cost long distance. thats why.