cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone upgrade

dheivendar
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am looking to upgrade my phone while I am still in my 2-year contract but I don't want to pay off the balance is there any way I can get around this, because I am a student its hard to pay off at once? Would be a great help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dheivendar,

We know that getting a new phone can be very exciting and you might not want to wait until the end of your agreement to do another upgrade. 

When signing up for a 2-years agreement, we subsidized or financed the device for you over the 24 months. If the agreement is breached before, then the remaining subsidy on the phone simply needs to be paid and there is no way around it.

The great news are that we have some amazing promos going on at this time that you should definitely check out. Make sure you also log into your account on fido.ca to see if there are any exclusive offers available for your account. Finally, don't forget that you can also trade-in an old device for a credit towards your new upgrade with the Fido TRADE program.

If you'd further like to discuss your options, you can always reach out to us through these channels or we can send you a PM on the community. 

Hope this helps, cheers! Smiley