cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappointed to see travel packs discontinued

piglet12
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I was willing to pay what I considered over the odds for a travel pack when I went to Europe for the peace of mind knowing I could call family if needed, be reached at my usual number and use the internet occasionally ...... so for $95 I got 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb of data to be used within 31 days.  

Now that the travel plans have been discontinued I am faced with paying $12 a day (to a maximum of $180!) even if all I want to do on that day is send a single text or make a 2 minute call AND those minutes etc are taken out of my monthly plan.

Next time I travel I will buy a SIM card at my destination and put up with the inconvenience of having a different phone number for the duration.

21 REPLIES 21

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @piglet12

I am sorry to see you feel this way about these changes. We believe that the FidoROAM service has proven to offer better value over travel packs for most of our customers.

Using an unlocked phone with a different SIM is definitely an alternate approach, but don't forget that with pay-per-use you only pay for what you need so depending on your expected usage, it might be less expensive to go that route instead. With the added benefit of continuing to use your own number!

If this works better for you, you can reach out to us to opt-out of FidoROAM to use the pay-per-use rates.

This is something that can be done by our customer support team. You can check out the different ways to reach us right from here

Or let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM right here on the Community to set-up these changes. Smiley