Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charges for overusing data

vaniatong
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Fido, 

How much do you charge for overusing data? In 3 days, my Fido app told me I use 300MB which I believe is incorrect. I've read other Fido questions and says each plan is different. I've also tried looking on my account to see how much it costs but could not find it.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Hi vaniatong, 

Are you using Anroid or iPhone?

There are some tools or settings which I can share with to find out more details about your data usage.  

vaniatong

I have an iPhone. I know there is settings --> cellular --> each app tells me how much I've used but the problem is it doesn't reset itself. I've also turned off wifi assist. I think I will need to call Fido to figure exactly which app/data used on the 3 days. I also use my data manager app that tells me how much data I've used but doesn't tell me which app used how much data. Is there an app out there for iphones that will track each app's data usage and can track billing period?

Thanks.

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Unfortunately Fido cannot track data per app, which like your electricity company cannot track which device used how much electricity. 

I have set up a monthly reminder on my iPhone to remind me to reset the data statistics from Iphone Settings -> Celluar -> Reset Statistics on my billing cycle. 

And unless your iPhone is jailbreak, I don't think any app can track and keep records of data usage per app, which is a long existing feature  with Android. 

BTW, have you turned this option off?  Settings -> itunes and App Store -> Use cellular data.  

vaniatong

That is unfortunate iphone does not have this function.

Yes, it is off.

Replying to your PM now. Smiley

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @vaniatong

Great question 😃

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch!

The data over-usage rate can vary, depending on the plan you have. 

If your plan is listed on Fido.ca (on our plan page here) you can simply click on the the button "Details+" at the top of your plan.

The drop-down list that appears explains everything that's included in the plan, as well as the data over-usage rate. 

Are you able to find your plan on Fido.ca through the link above? 😃 

vaniatong

No, my plan does not exist on your website. Where can I find this info or do I need to call Fido?

Hey there!

You can also see your plan details, including the overusage fee on your servcie agreement!

If you still can't find it, let us know and we'll send you a PM Smiley

- Christina

vaniatong

Please PM the cost of overusage and amount of data it covers. Thanks.

PM coming your way shortly Smiley

vaniatong

I haven't got a text yet from fido yet.