cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst service provider

Raavi
I'm a participant level 2

I will never recommend fido to anyone as they are just exploit there customer on the name of extra international minutes used. Fido charged extra for international call while my 1000 minutes are not exhausted. Iif i use 30 min out of my 1000 minutes still am charged for this. They are just exploiting never use this.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Raavi,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received that awful surprise on your bill. Firstly, have you had a chance to view the details of those International calls? You can do so via My Account --> Billings & Payments --> View Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. That PDF should include the calls made. Alternatively, you should also be able to view the call details online under Usage Summary --> click the minutes used. The Other Charges and Credits option might also provide the details for additional charges.

Are you aware that the 1000 International minutes are only to certain Countries? You can view those included Countries here. If the International calls you made were to destinations not covered in that list, those calls would have been charged at their regular long-distance rates (see here, under Long Distance - View preferred International rates).

You should also note that those 1000 International minutes are only for the long-distance (LD) portion of calls. Long-distance calls are charged airtime + LD. If your plan only has a limited number of anytime call minutes, additional airtime minutes would be charged if you exceed your airtime allotment.

If you would like to discuss those International calls, you would need to contact customer services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Raavi

I checked each and everything in a month i just made only 40 to 45 minutes of unternational calls. Then how can this comes under over usage of international mimutes. I made call to india which is in the list. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Is it possible that promotion on your account has ended? Most promotions are not available indefinitely.

Again, if you would like to discuss those International calls, you would need to contact customer services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers