cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi and phone crashing problems with pixel do causes excess charges

Kc13
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So I had to have my phone put into service 2 weeks after I received it then I got a new loaner phone and then I went away to Toronto and the phone wouldn't connect to WiFi so all the credit I was given for my house a while I didn't have my phone which was 8 data bytes was used up in two days and it ended up another $275 over because I couldn't add data to my phone which I asked upon leaving BC and to find out it took me 5 agents just to get my data turn back on to approve the $50 overcharge because I had no access to data or WiFi for the first two days in Toronto. I had to phone Google and do a soft crash all the credit I got was for not because all the credit got sucked up because I could not connect to the WiFi and was told too bad I'd already accepted the $50 overcharge well that was the only option I had an agent so now I have a $400 bill due to a phone that didn't work for 2 days even though all the credit I do appreciate and it up being for not because now I have all this extra credit data so the credit didn't do me nothing this phone has been nothing but problems now I have a $500 bill because. Because I agreed to the extra usage on the dead well I couldn't even access that that's all I could do so. Don't tell too bad you know I've only had this phone for 2 months and all I had to do every week as talk to Fido since I return to this country this is absolutely ridiculous all they're doing is recycling these phones between their customers

1 REPLY 1

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Kc13! 

I'm sad to see that you're experiencing difficulties with your phone. I know it's never fun to get a bill with unexpected overages. 

You can track your data through you My Account to avoid these types of surprises. You can also check out this page here to help manage your data usage. 

If you need extra time to make a payment you can contact our credit operations team for a payment arrangement. They can be reached at *732 from your Fido phone.

Hope this helps! Smiley