cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling - Can the Samsung S10 or S20 do WiFi calling with Fido?

farmermaker
I'm a participant level 2

I am looking for an up-to-date list of devices that can have WiFi calling enabled with Fido.

The currently pusblished list says:

A compatible Fido device, such as:

• iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, or 8 Plus with iOS9 (or later) installed.
  • LG G4 with Android software version 6.0 (or later), LG G5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later), LG G6, V30, or Xpower2 with Android software version 7.0 (or later) installed.
  • Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, Note 8, or A5 with Android software version 6.0.1 (or later) installed.
  • Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL with Android software version 8.0.1 (or later) installed.

Source: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/wifi-calling

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @farmermaker,

The Galaxy S10 and S20 do support WiFi calling, basically, if you go to the phone details on fido.ca it will be listed there under the Connectivity section "Wi-Fi Calling Yes".

If you got the phone from Fido you should have no problems getting it working but If you have a non-Fido Android device (e.g., you did not buy your device from Fido), Wi-Fi Calling will not work.

I've seen a few other customers reported it working on non-Fido phones after talking to a Fido technician.

farmermaker

Oh okay. Thanks for the tip!