When my plan is over, do I have to cancel my service or will it just stop the service?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

When my plan is over, do I have to cancel my service or will it just stop the service?

I currently have 1 year left on my cellphone plan and I was wondering, once the plan is over, do I have to call fido to cancel the service or will service and charges just automatically stop? 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: When my plan is over, do I have to cancel my service or will it just stop the service?

Hello @Tammy8 Welcome to the community!

When your contract is over your services will continue just as normal except you will not be in  a contract anymore and your plan will be on a month to month.

You can opt to resign a new contract and get a new phone or if you want to cancel your contract you can do so with out any penalties.

You will need to call Fido to cancel any services.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Solution

Re: When my plan is over, do I have to cancel my service or will it just stop the service?

Hello @Tammy8 Welcome to the community!

When your contract is over your services will continue just as normal except you will not be in  a contract anymore and your plan will be on a month to month.

You can opt to resign a new contract and get a new phone or if you want to cancel your contract you can do so with out any penalties.

You will need to call Fido to cancel any services.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2