cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Access code not accepted

Ms_Nancy
I'm a participant level 2

Both my wife's phone and mine are on Fido and we both retrieve our voicemail thru the same 587 voicemail number.  Living rurally, we both use wifi calling as the LTE signal is weak. When getting voicemail directly from our phones, my access code works while hers is not accepted. She can access her voicemail by calling her phone from my phone (wait for message, press #, enter code) and that works.  We have used the Fido app to reset her code but it that doesn't fix the problem.   

By turning off wifi calling, then she can access her voicemail. So it seems something in the "phone -> wifi-> fido" network is messed up.  Has anyone else experienced this or has a fix?

3 REPLIES 3

Ms_Nancy

Her phone is Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G while mine is Galaxy S23. I am not aware of Visual Voicemail as our account only has the basic voicemail addon. When she is away from home her mobile data is on. Both our phones are set to switch to wifi calling (wifi preferred) when we are on our wifi. We do not adjust any 'data' settings and just let the Android OS do its 'magic'.   

@Ms_Nancy this is an odd one for an Android device, I would suggest you contact customer service directly and have them check the account and possibly remove the voicemail then add it back and see if it resolves the problem, just note if they remove the voicemail you will lose any save messages and will have to set it up again.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Ms_Nancy, that's odd what phones are you guys using and does your wife have visual voicemail and by any chance is her mobile data off when connected to WiFi? I've read that visual voicemail tends to not work over WiFi and still requires a cell/wireless connection.