Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail billing

Parham5650
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I bought Fido 3 months ago and use my own device, I had visual voicemail and use is (of course is not stable and reliable yet, it offen gets off and not working)

Last week gots off again, after a week I called fido

first of all they reset my voicemail and I had to reconfig it

the activate the basic voicemail, they said to me you have to setup the basic voicemail and call back to add the visual one!

I did it and called back, they said you had and pay on your bill for it we just activate it!

But after a while I received an email to pay 7 $ to activate I already pay monthly so I have to pay 14 $ per month !?

it'srediciulous!

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hi @Parham5650! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll be happy to help you with your billing question! It's very unlikely that you'll have to pay $14 for your voicemail. What likely happened is that we removed the options to reset it and then added it again. Doing this would have cancelled the voicemail, which provides you with a prorated credit for the remainder of the month. By adding it again, it would have charged you a prorated sum, for the same amount, for what's left of the month. Then end result is that they cancel each other out and you pay the same amount as you've always paid.

All that said, we can certainly confirm all this for you directly. As we need to access your account for that, you'll need to contact us here or request a PM from the community for assistance.

I hope that helps!