cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading & iPhone 6

Andrew12345
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just need some clarification about "how to upgrade" I am currently on a $39 promo plan that does not exist anymore and I like it alot as I get more then enough for less then what other plans are. It is considered a smart plan to fido.

My contract is due to end on the 18th of december but how do I got about upgrading my phone.. I want to keep my current plan, but would like to receive subsidy on whatever phone I get, is that possible, if yes how do I go about doing that? If not what are my other options if I want to keep the same plan.

Second Question, 

I talked to a fido rep at there store today and found out that the iphone 6/+ will only be available to purchase outright or with a max plan, but all the other phones are able to be done with the smart plan with subsidy I assumed.. How long does it take for apple/fido to take off the "only max plans" and allow people from other plans to purchase it.  Oh and would I get subsidy on the phone if I upgrade (keeping same plan, ect. First question)

Long story short: How do I upgrade without looseing my plan & getting subsidy and If i was to upgrade to an iphone 6, when will they be availbable to people off a max plan/buying outright and will I get subsidy on it.  

Thank you

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

alexbet
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

You better watch out when you upgrade. If you already have a good plan and you want to get a new iPhone, you will be forced to switch to a new plan which costs double. I had the same thing, and I was shocked when I was slapped with a double charge for a new plan which was actually much worse then the previous plan I had. They are thieves. Fido is ripping people off. 

Roskov
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Basicaly iPhone 6 is only offered on max plans at the moment, same thing happend last year with iPhone 5s. Same thing with any other carrier too by the way.

You are not penalised by having an old plan, any client having a normal in-market smart plan has the same restriction as you. Either to switch to max plans, or like last year, wait until offered on smart plans.

Just to give you an idea, last year iPhone 5s was offered on smart/standart plans only from december 20 during the holidays promitions.

Koodo
I'm a contributor level 1
Hey Roskov, December 20th came by, is there any news on Smart plan for iPhone 6

Roskov
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@Koodo wrote:
Hey Roskov, December 20th came by, is there any news on Smart plan for iPhone 6

I mentioned this in about  3 other posts, but I guess in this one i chose my words poorly. I was hoping this would happen, it would make sense to have this as a promo during holidays but I can't confirm nothing. We get the information the same day it's displayed on fido.ca

I was kinda hoping for it too so I get one for my girlfriend, but guess I have to go for different gift Confused

PatrickSerrano

So I have right now a $25 voice plan + $25 500MB (but then I added a $5 more to get the 6GB), which my plan stands right now at $55. A Fido customer service told me if I add the current $6 add-on, I can get my plan to $61, which I am allowed to get subsidy on the iPhone 6 while keeping that $61 since I read on the Fido website that the Fido Agreemtn says "any combination of a voice plan and an eligible Data Add-on (e.g. $10/100 MB and $25/2GB Add-ons excluded), both offered prior to August 8, 2012 and having a combined monthly service fee of at least $60 per month", so if I purchase the iPhone 6 Plus 64GB that I would like, would I be able to get it at $485?

Hi PatrickSerrano, you'll find the requirements in this tread http://bit.ly/1CFV2uE

Hope it helps!