cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpleasant Experience with Fido Mobile

uofaboy
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I just wanted to share my experience with others so that they may be aware of the lack of "Customer Service," I have received when shopping for a new provider. Just a tip, don't transfer your phone number until you are completely satisfied with the set-up; I sure am glad that I didn't. 

Timeline: 

Dec. 11/2020 - Ordered Note10+ (New) and $45/4GB Plan - did not switch my number 

Dec. 15/2020 - Received a Note 10+ Pre-owned (not what I ordered). I did not want pre-owned so I returned the device.

Dec. 23/2020 - Confirmed via Purolator that device was returned to Fido

Dec. 26/2020 and Jan 7, 2021 - Contacted chat support to switch my plan to a BYOD Boxing Day promo - but was told to wait until the system has updated, then my plan will be switched. Ok, so I wait.

Jan. 13/2021 - Check online and see that the system has updated and contact chat, and lo and behold, the Boxing Day promo, expired YESTERDAY (Jan. 12, 2021). It took almost 3 weeks for the system to be updated! The agent said that there is nothing that can be done. 

I have decided to not transfer my number and  to switch to another provider as Fido clearly does not want my business.

1 REPLY 1

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @uofaboy

I'm sorry to read your experience was not a good one. There can be a delay before a return is processed, especially during the holidays. I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your options.

Talk to you soon!