cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to another province

mlui1988
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I will be travelling from BC to Montreal, will my existing phone plan work? Can I use the same data there?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mlui1988,

Welcome to the community!

As mentioned previously, travelling across Canada may affect your calling depending on your type of included minutes (ie Canada-wide, Provincial, local, etc). However, it would not affect your text messaging or data usage, provided you are connected to the Fido/Rogers networks. Generally, Montréal should be well covered by their networks. However, there may be some pockets only covered by the other Canadian mobile providers. With the roaming agreements, you should also have access to those networks as extended coverage (Fido-EXT). You should note there are no additional charges for extended coverage usage. To use data in extended coverage, you would need to enable roaming data.

For the most part, your usage in extended coverage would be the same as on the Fido/Rogers networks. However, you should note some enhanced features may not be available (see link above). In addition, you should also note that Data Bytes (5 Extra Hours) is not available in extended coverage.

Again, Montréal should be well covered by the Fido/Rogers networks so you should be able to use your services as you would in BC (calls dependent on type of included minutes).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @mlui1988,

Welcome to the community!

It all depends on your plan if your plan has Canada-wide minutes then you can use your minutes and data anywhere in Canada without incurring any additional charges.

Fido plans for the longest while are all Canada-wide but you can log in to your account and you should be able to see the plan details.