cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary suspension while out of the country for 3 months

Thora1
I'm a participant level 2

BEWARE! If you suspend your service temporarily while out of the country for holidays Fido no longer allows you to call them at all! Previously I could use 611 to call and reactivate my service but not ANYMORE! You pay a monthly service charge to go on suspension, you still have your SIM card, your phone shows you have their service and LTE data but you can’t even call them for service!!!!! What’s the big change about it’s not like you can make calls to anyone else or use your data!!! They do have that control! This is ridiculous! Unbelievable! I was told to use someone else’s phone to call them! If there was no one around with a phone to borrow then find a phone booth!!!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoKenny

Hey @Thora1 and welcome to the Community.

To confirm with you, once your line is on the temporary suspension you can't:

- Place or receive calls including to our 611 & toll-free numbers
- Send or receive text messages
- Receive voicemail messages
- Use data

You have to call back if you need the service to be restored before the end date of the suspension. This can be done from another device. We also can be reached easily from other channels that you can find here. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or any concern.

Thora1

!In the past I was able to contact Fido calling 611 as I return to the country. I know better for next time!