cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Temporary Suspension cancellation Charge

sagarlondonca
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My phone was temporarily suspended for a period of five months. However, on August 31, two months later, I cancelled it. My bill arrived today and it said "Monthly fee-Service restoral" with a $67.09 charge. Restoral and temporary suspension aren't they free?

In addition, I am not aware of the four minutes long distance call that I made for $4.00.

What ought I to do?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sagarlondonca,

Welcome to the community!

As Original_Lucy noted below, you would need to contact customer service to deal with any account-related issues.

@sagarlondonca wrote:

.... Restoral and temporary suspension aren't they free?..

To clarify, however, Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced rate on eligible lines. To update, however, you should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post. After the temporary suspension, your line would resume as normal following the suspension.

It should be noted that the temporary suspension does not apply to device financing. If applicable, those charges would continue as per usual.

While I understand you had temporarily suspended your services, there is a suspension restoral fee if services were suspended for non-payment (see here).

@sagarlondonca wrote:

... I am not aware of the four minutes long distance call that I made for $4.00....

You might consider reviewing your bill for the details of billed calls. You should be able to view your bill via your My Account --> My Bill. From there, you should also be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. In addition, you should also be able to review the call details online under call usage.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

Hicthere @sagarlondonca , I suggest you contact Fido support to resolve your questions and account issues. We don't have the capability here on the forum to access any account information. See Here for the various ways to reach out for support