cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone walked into Fido and took out multiple devices in my name

queensleyscott
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been with fido for a while now, I was sitting at hoime yesterday when suddenly I start recieving multiple emails from fido say this is my "Fido Change confirmation", and "Mobile Agreement Contract", I was very confused since I didnt make any changes to my account. I click the emails and see that not 1, not 2, not 3 but 5+ devices have been signed up to my account. I'm lookinhg at the contract and it says it happened at about 6:30 at the Yorkdale Mall Fido branch. I see the fido location's number and call them telling them that I did nto agree to any of those devices and I'm calling the police. As im speaking to them the employes are behaving so franctic, they keep telling me they'll call me back, literally hanging up on me and telling me at one point to wait 10 minutes, after I called 15 TIMES someone picks up and tells me literally; "Someone came in and looke djust like you they had a provincial government ID so we verified them through that;" I dont even have the provincial government ID so that didnt make sense to me. He then goes on to say "Maybe it was your sister?" I said to him whoooo told you I have a sister? And then he says theres not much he can do. So I hang up and call the police, I've opened a report. I then call fido customer service, I file a report with them and I'm told that it will take 24 - 48 hours to hear back. 

I am so shocked because i thought fido was a safe reputabl company, if someone can apparenlty just show up and take out anything in my name without proper verification I dont even trust them anymore. To top it off I recieved an email that they have now tried to remove my phone number from my account and have removed my original phone plan because it was a BYOP plan. What do you guys think is happening and what should I do?

2 REPLIES 2

delaneykunitz
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

This just happened to me too! I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened, I'm so furious.

Hello @queensleyscott ,wow, what a nightmare for you. I am so sorry that this happened to you and I know that Fido would not want you to have an experience like that. I will defer any advice to @FidoSolutions to help you out. Did you lock your credit card? I would do this first thing. You can do that in your banking app. Sounds like an identity theft. I really hope this works out for you.