cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So after 12 years with Fido, no one cares

lorvar
I'm a participant level 2

I decided I was going to explore my options for two accounts we owned with Fido. I mentioned that I may be considering another provider based on cost. The CSR asked who, I mentioned the company and she said they couldn't match it or give me a better offer. I called in later to verify what was left on my 1 year hardware commitment and the the CSR all of a sudden mentions that they have 3 fantastic offers to retain me, but I was in a hurry so I said I would call back for the info. At this point I had already temporaraly signed up with a new provider, but not committed. Today I called in to find out what the offers could have been and to confirm my balance. They tell me I don't have accounts there anymore so they can't help. Wow. So 1 hour you have no offers, the next hour you do, the next day you don't and you wish me luck. So sad. I've brought Fido endless customers over 12 years and never really had a huge complaint. The kicker is that they didn't care to retain a $200 a month account. As your CSR rep told me without an effort to keep me, I wish you luck.

***Edited to add Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey lorvar!

Welcome to the Community!

When you called the 2nd time to inquire about the offers, did you have an active account with us?

It has an impact on what we can offer you! If your line was already ported out, some offers might not be available anymore. 

If it's not to late, I'd like to take a look at your account with you. 

Keep me updated!

lorvar

Yes my account was active, why else would they make a new offer. I think the first call got flagged in the system as me mentioning that I'm considering leaving, so when I called back, they wanted to discuss offers and I couldn't at the moment. Well yes, now my number is ported because of the lack of care from Fido and trying to keep me from leaving. You can't look at the account because they deleted both before I even told them I was officially leaving.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes Smiley We still have access to your account even if you cancelled it. 

lorvar

Message sent

Got it, I just replied back Smiley