Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Service Fee

sorv2410
I'm a participant level 2

Hey,

I Just switched to Fido from Rogers. I was a fido Customer before but I had to change it to rogers as I rarely had any reception at my last apartment. Now I moved to a better place so I decided to go back to Fido. 

I currently live in London and I went to Fido Store at Masonville Place Mall and ported my number. I always ask about the setup fee and the Gentleman named Nikar told me it will be waived off by my Second or third bill. I definitely know that it's not gonna happen. I tried to find the Porting option online to avoid the charges but could not find it. 

What do you think about the chances of getting the Setup fee waived? I see a promotional offer "TAGSRA4BN" but I am not sure if that is for the 5 GB bonus data or the Fees waive off. 

Thanks in Advance,

S

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sorv2410,

Welcome to the community!

@sorv2410 wrote:..I was a fido Customer before but I had to change it to rogers as I rarely had any reception at my last apartment. Now I moved to a better place so I decided to go back to Fido. 

Hmm, that's strange... did you get better reception with Rogers at your last apartment? Switching between Fido and Rogers shouldn't have made a difference as they use the same networks. I could understand a different network possibly offering better reception due to cellular tower placement, however, Fido and Rogers use the same cellular towers.

Did you set-up the line online or in store? As far as I am aware, I don't think there is a charge to port-in a phone number. There may, however, be an activation fee to set the account up if it was done with the help of customer service. If there was a promotion to waive the activation fee, then you would find the credit on an upcoming bill.

You might consider contacting customer service to see if any such promotion was noted when you signed up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

sorv2410

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. I was leaving in a basement apartment and for some reason, there was no Fido Reception but fortunately, I had no issues with Rogers. 

To answer the question if someone set up my account at a store then the answer is yes as I was unable to find an option to port my number to Fido online. I initially asked him to help me out so I can do it my self online but he just said he will do it himself and waive off the fee.

As of right now, I will wait until the Second or 3rd Bill shows up. If its not being waived by then then I will directly go and see him. 

Thanks,

S