cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routinely weak data signal - Niagara

Deanna99
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there... I've noticed for the last few months that my LG G6 gets barely one bar of service, sometimes none ("x" on top of the bars) for an area like Niagara (I live in St. Catharines). This is one of the most populated areas in Southern Ontario and I get very weak service? Why might that be and how can I solve this issue? I have trouble using my data (web pages loading, pictures not able to load, etc) and it's very frustrating. Right now, I'm at work, and I have one itty bitty tiny little single barely there bar of service. HELP!

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If this happens both indoors and outdoors it definitely should not be the case @Deanna99!

Not to worry though, we'll help you get to the bottom of this! Have you had the chance to notice if it happens in other areas as well?

If this seems to happen everywhere and does not affect other Fido customers around you then the cause can be either your SIM card or the phone itself.

The first step would be to swap your SIM card - you can do so by visiting a Fido store and getting a new SIM card. If a new SIM card does not solve things then chances are that it's your device and we can look into replacement options.

If however this happens in that area specifically and is affecting other Fido users then it's important to contact us with the details so we can investigate. Before doing so, please note down exact locations and how far you have to go before service improves.

I hope this all helps! Smiley