Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a device, $50 activation fee and losing my account for 30 days

Dcpin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

I upgraded my device through the express pickup service, and received it at a Fido store. I got my new phone 2 days ago, but after seeing the phone in person I decided to return it and select a different model. But now the Fido employee at the store is telling me that if I want an exchange I will now have to pay the $50 activation fee (which was previously waved because I ordered online) and that I won't be able to get a new device for 30 days because sometimes Fido frozes your account and won't let you register new phones after you purchase a new one. The website clearly states you have 15 days for a return and they don't ever mention you have to pay the $50 fee for an exchange nor that you won't able to register a new phone for 30 days. Any pointers on what to do now?

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dcpin,

Welcome to the the community!

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the phone you ordered. As far as I am aware, you would need to send the phone back in the mail rather than in-store:

Satisfaction.jpg

~taken from here.

I assume sending the phone back in the mail would avoid the activation fees as it would not involve customer service assistance.

While it's true that there is a period in which Fido prevents additional line activations and/or device purchases. However, the intention is to prevent fraudulent activations/purchases. Given that you are exchanging devices, you might consider contacting customer service to see if they can override that stipulation to accommodate the exchange. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers