cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return phone and cancel my services

Virginiedube
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I purchased a new phone at a best buy box in Laval, it's been exactly 15 days..I move to Gaspé and I'm going to live here for a while... But surprise I have no available service anymore due to the extended period or something like that.. anyway it's complitly unaceptable and I need to return this new phone and just close my account... I'm paying for a non existent service. I am désapointed and down flat mad... please contact me ASAP 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Virginiedube,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're unable to get regular service in Gaspé, however, that is the limitation of cellular service. It is dependent on local cellular towers.

While cancelling your services and returning your phone is a reasonable request since the area you have moved to does not have Fido coverage. However, there could be some complications. Generally, since you purchased your device at Best Buy, they often have their own return policies and items purchased from them can only be returned to them.

Best Buy.jpg

~taken from here.

See also here.

I do understand that going back to Laval to return the phone may not be feasible. Best Buy does allow mail-in returns for their online purchases (see here). You might consider contacting them to see if they would accept mailing-in an in-store purchase given the circumstances. That said, your purchase might not be eligible for return since it is past the 15-day return period.

I also understand that it doesn't make sense keeping a service which you cannot use. Given that your purchase is beyond the return period, you may need to buy-out your contract and then cancel your services. You could then use the phone with the available network.

If you would like to discuss your options, you might consider contacting customer service to see if there is anything that can be done for your particular circumstances. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers